Brussels sprouts may bring back horrible childhood memories for a lot of people, but when cooked properly they are an amazing addition to any meal. In this recipe, the sprouts are pan-roasted until crisp and golden on the outside and tender on the inside, then finished with crunchy walnuts and tangy balsamic vinegar. Delicious enough to convert any Brussels sprout hater!
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1/2 lb. Brussels Sprouts
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar + more for finishing
salt & pepper
1. Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium heat.
2. Add Brussells sprouts to skillet and spread out in an even layer.
3. Let sprouts cook undisturbed, until they begin to "pop" and turn golden, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender and golden brown on all sides (4-5 minutes). Respray with nonstick spray if necessary during cooking.
5. Once sprouts are tender, remove pan from heat and add 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar. Stir until sprouts are thoroughly coated.
6. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Transfer sprouts to serving bowl. Top with chopped walnuts and drizzle with balsamic.