Holiday In Paris Menu (For Two)
To Prepare Baked Brie--
3 oz. brie
2 tsp. honey
dried figs, apples, & grapes for dipping
1. Place brie in a baking dish.
2. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
3.Drizzle with honey & serve with dried figs, grapes & apples for dipping.
Main Dish-- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Ratatouille Sauce
To Prepare Squash--
1 small spaghetti squash
1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Carefully cut small spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush each half with a 1/4 tsp. of olive oilSeason with salt and pepper and place cut side down on baking sheet.
3. Roast squash for forty five to fifty minutes or until tender.
4. Once spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Divide squash amongst plates.
To Prepare Ratatouille--
Check out "Eggplant- The Sequel" blog post from September. One serving (the entire recipe) makes enough for two sauce portions. The ratatouille can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
To Serve-- 1.Transfer ratatouille to a medium pan. Stir in 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes (adjust according to your desired thickness for sauce; add up to a cup). Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until all ingredients are heated through.Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
2. Spoon ratatouille on top of squash. Serve with a side of gluten free bread.
Dessert- Creme Brulee
To Prepare Creme Brulee--
Look at yesterday's blog post! "Break the Ice" from December. Don't forget that creme brulee must be chilled before serving.