It may be the middle of winter but that's no excuse not to enjoy s'mores. This Hungry Girl breakfast creation is loaded with all the makings of a great campfire sandwich- gooey marshmallows, melty chocolate & cinnamon-y Graham Crackers (ok so it's actually Chex but that's even better!). Now imagine all those ingredients in a pancake smothered in whipped cream and you've got S'Mores Pancakes.
Makes Three Servings (approximately 12 small pancakes)
2/3 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Truvia packets
3 tbsp. gluten free oats
dash of salt
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
2 tbsp. unsweetened Silk Almond Milk
1/4 cup water
2 dark chocolate Dove Squares, cut into small pieces
20 mini marshmallows, halved
1 tbsp Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
1/2 cup Cinnamon Chex, crushed
Optional--extra marshmallows & chocolate pieces for topping
1. To make the batter, combine flour, baking powder, Truvia, oats and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Add in egg substitute, milk, and 1/4 cup of water. Mix thoroughly.
3 .Stir in chocolate pieces followed by the halved marshmallows (add one at a time to prevent them from all sticking together).
4. Bring a griddle (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Use an ice cream scoop or ladle to form small, uinform-sized pancakes. (Depending on the size of your griddle, you may have to cook in two batches).
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until pancake begins to bubble & is solid enough to flip.
6. Gently flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until both sides are lightly browned and cooked through.
7. Plate pancakes and top with chocolate syrup, Reddi-Whip, crushed chex and any desired optional ingredients.