Fast Flavor Enhancment
I never imagined that a few herbs could make such a dramatic difference in taste but this recipe from Giada proved me wrong. By simply sauteing the olive oil with fresh rosemary, it is transformed into a wonderful new ingredient. Try this infused oil anywhere you would use regular olive oil- salad dressing, roasting vegetables, dipping, or anything else you can imagine.
Rosemary-Infused Olive Oil
Makes 1/2 Cup
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 fresh rosemary sprigs, each 5 inches long
1. In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the oil and rosemary.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into the oil registers 180 degrees (about 5 minutes).
3. Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 2 hours).
4. Transfer rosemary sprigs to a small bottle or container with a lid (a narrow, tall bottle will work best for showcasing the rosemary). Pour in oil and close lid.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to one month.