Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
In this month's issue of Food Network Magazine, there was a section devoted to Edible Gifts. This recipe was one of those edible gifts and it really is the perfect recipe to make if you want to stand out from everyone else's cookies and brownies. Sugar Plums are sort of like a truffle but are composed of delectable dried fruit to create the perfect bite of chewy and sweet scrumptiousness!
Makes 30 Truffles
1.5 cups pitted prunes, check for gluten
1.5 cups dried apricots, check for gluten
1.25 cups Corn chex
3 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup granulated Truvia
1. In a large food processor, combine all ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
2. Pour Truvia into a shallow dish. Line a large Tupperware container with wax paper.
3. Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and form into a ball (a cookie scoop works great for this). Roll ball in Truvia until thoroughly coated, then gently place on wax paper.
4. Repeat with remaining dough. (You should end up with about thirty).
5. Store in Tupperware container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information--approximately 50 calories per truffle