Quinoa Stuffing with Brussels Sprouts & Mushrooms
1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 portobello mushroom, diced
8-10 brussels sprouts, root ends removed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1 tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
1/3 cup cooked quinoa
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add olive oil to a medium nonstick pan and heat to medium-low. Add garlic to pan, and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Raise heat to medium-high and stir in portobello mushrooms. Saute mushrooms, until golden and tender, 6-8 minutes.
3. Add brussels sprouts to the pan and saute until tender, but still green in color, about 5 minutes. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
4. Add thyme, sage, and quinoa, to the vegetable mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients and continue to cook until all ingredients are mixed and heated through, 1-2 minutes more. Stir in balsamic vinegar, and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
5. Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 175 calories per serving