Veggie burgers are one of my favorite foods in the entire world so I tend to make some variation of a burger at least once a week. Sometimes, however, I don't have the time or desire to make a complex burger a long list of ingredients and tons of required equipment. When that happens, this delicious recipe adapted from KathEats.com , is the perfect solution. A simple and satisfying burger that tastes amazing, no food processor required!
Cannellini Bean Burgers
1/3 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp. quinoa flakes
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 sundried tomato halves, not packed in oil, reconstituted and chopped
1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
2 slices light gluten free sandwich bread (I used Ener-G Light Tapioca)
salt and pepper, to taste
Optional Toppings--additonal balsamic for drizzling, spinach/lettuce, Dijon mustard
1. Place beans in a microwave safe bowl, cover, and microwave 30 seconds, or until softened. Use the back of the spoon to mash beans until they start to stick together but are still chunky.
2. Add quinoa flakes, balsamic, sundried tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to beans. Mash ingredients together until they are evenly combined and mixture holds together.
3. Use your hands to form mixture into a patty.
4. Heat a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium high heat.
5. Add burger to pan and cook 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
6. Flip burger, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until golden on both sides.
7. Once burger is flipped, place bread in toaster, and toast until golden bread.
8. Plate burger on toasted bread and top with any desired toppings.
Nutrition Information--approximately 205 calories per serving