Imagine a tall stack of fall-infused pancakes layered with a creamy pumpkin spread and oozing with maple syrup. Looks pretty good right? Well, whip up this quick breakfast recipe and you can be enjoying those pancakes in less than 20 minutes. To create this amazing breakfast, I adapted a Hungry Girl pancake recipe and then added in some Fall touches like diced apple, autumn spices, and a decadent pumpkin "butter".
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes with Pumpkin Maple Butter
3 tbsp. gluten free oats
2 tbsp. gluten free flour blend
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Truvia packet
dash of salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice
3 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
1 tbsp. unsweetened original almond milk
1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 of an apple, diced
1 recipe Pumpkin Maple Butter (see below)
2 tbsp. sugar free pancake syrup
1. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, Truvia, salt and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice).
2. Mix in egg substitute, milk, and vanilla. Fold in apple chunks.
3. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add the batter to form 4 mini pancakes. Cook pancakes until just beginning to bubble and are solid enough to flip, about 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
4. Place one pancake on serving plate then spread with a layer of pumpkin maple butter. Continue alternating pancakes and pumpkin butter to form a stack of pancakes. Drizzle the entire stack of pancakes with syrup and enjoy!
Nutrition Information-- approximately 175 calories per serving (entire recipe)
Pumpkin Maple Butter
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Stir together all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave 30-45 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Information--approximately 39 calories per serving (entire recipe)