Petite Pumpkin Yogurt Pie is a delightful new twist on the typical pumpkin pie. To create the pumpkin filling for this individual sized pie, I used creamy Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream or evaporated milk. The yogurt is the perfect healthy alternative as it provides just the right amount of tang and creamy texture to the pie. I made a quick cinnamon and Chex crust for this recipe but you can also use the tasty filling in another type of gluten free crust.The recipe is written just for one , but you can easily increase the quantities depending on how many guests (or mini pie plates) you have.
Petite Pumpkin Yogurt Pie
1/2 cup corn chex
2 tsp. granulated Truvia
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar free applesauce
1 tbsp. sugar free pancake syrup
1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. granulated Truvia
1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. sugar free pancake syrup
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
dash of allspice
Optional Topping--whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini pie dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. To make the crust, place the Chex in a food processor (a mini food processor is the perfect size if you have one) and grind cereal to a breadcrumb like consistency.
3. Add remaining crust ingredients to food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined and a dough begins to form.
4. Use your hands to press crust into pie plate, starting at the bottom and working your way up the sides. Try to form an even and uniform crust, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
5. Transfer crust to oven, and bake 6-8 minutes, or until crust begins to crisp and pull away from edges of the pan. Remove crust from oven and set aside. Leave oven on at 350 degrees.
6. To make the filling, combine all pie filling ingredients (yogurt, pumpkin, Truvia, vanilla extract, pancake syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl. Stir until ingredients are blended and form a smooth batter.
7. Scoop pie filling into prebaked crust and smooth out the top.
8. Bake pie 25-30 minutes, or until slightly golden on top and heated through. Let pie cool 5 minutes before carefully running a knife along the edges of pie plate to loosen the crust. Once crust appears loosened, use a small spatula to gently transfer pie to serving plate. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition Information-- approximately 145 calorie per pie (entire recipe)