Are you in desperate need of one more side for your Thanksgiving meal? If so, then you're luck with this simple and unique side dish adapted from DailyGarnish.com. Balsamic Orange Brussels Sprouts & Cranberries contains all the usual Thanksgiving flavors but combines them in a nontraditional way to create an interesting new take on brussels sprouts and cranberries. The two ingredients are roasted together and then tossed in a tangy balsamic and orange dressing for a exciting flavor filled side. Even if you already have your Thanksgivning menu set, don't let that deter you from trying this dish. It's the perfect accompaniment to any meal and a great way to take advantage of seasonal produce.
Balsamic Orange Brussels Sprouts & Cranberries
18-22 Brussels sprouts
6 ounces fresh cranberries (about1/2 of the average sized bag)
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt, to taste
dash of sugar
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of one orange
Zest of one orange
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Add Brussels sprouts and cranberries to pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, than use your hands to mix ingredients before spreading them into an even layer.
3. Roast Brussels sprouts and cranberries, until sprouts are golden and tender, and cranberries begin to burst, 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small dish.
5. Once sprouts and cranberries are finished roasting, remove from oven and transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with a dash of sugar, then drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning, and add additional salt or sugar, if necessary.
Nutrition Information--approximately 110 per calories ( 1/4 of the recipe)