The past few days I have been pondering the idea of making some sort of waffles and then today a holiday ad reminded me of making gingerbread houses. Hence, Ginormous Gingerbread Waffles were born. Adding the fresh ginger to the batter adds a nice kick to these spicetastic waffles. Feel free to get creative and build a few gingerbread houses!
Ginormous Gingerbread Waffle
Makes 1 Large Waffle
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1/4 tsp. Truvia
1/3 cup gluten free Bisquick mix
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
1 tbsp. water
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
dash of cloves
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Optional-- more maple syrup for drizzling on top & fat-free Reddi-Whp
1. Spray a waffle iron well with nonstick spray and heat to waffle setting.
2. In a small dish, mash together ginger and Truvia with a fork until a paste is formed.
3. Stir together Bisquick and pumpkin puree in a separate small bowl until thoroughly combined.
4. Add in ginger paste, and remaining ingredients (except optional topping). Stir well.
5. Pour batter into center of waffle iron and close lid.
6. Cook 5-7 minutes (time will vary based on waffle iron), until waffle is cooked through and there is no longer steam.
7. Top with optional garnishes if desired.