Here's an adaption of an egg recipe I saw Mario Batali make on The Chew. It uses quintessential Italian ingredients like fresh basil and garlic to make a simple and scrumptious one-skillet meal . The chili flakes had a spicy kick hence the name.
Eggs In Hell
1/4 of a medium onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. green bell pepper, diced
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (add more depending on your desired spiciness)
3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
Fresh basil to garnish, shredded
1. Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
3. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
4. Pour in crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil and then immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Carefully crack eggs, one at a time, into tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook until eggs are cooked to your liking, 5-9 minutes.
7. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan and basil. Let cool for 1-2 minutes prior to serving.