This amazing recipe from Joy Bauer elevates meatloaf from a homey comfort food to an elegant entree. A rainbow medley of vegetables are mixed into ground turkey to form a fresh and flavorful meatloaf. The ingredient list may be a little long but since it 's all mixed in one bowl, you can just chop and drop.
1/4 lb. lean ground turkey
1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
1/2 cup zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, softened in boiling water and finely diced
1/4 cup carrot, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. no-salt-added tomato paste
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 tbsp. liquid egg substitute
Topping- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat the foil with nonstick spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the turkey and topping. Stir until evenly incorporated.
3. Use your hands to evenly distribute turkey into vegetable mixture.
4. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a loaf about 2 inches thick. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (the topping).
5. Bake for 55 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees.
Nutrition Information--approximately 205 calories, 26g protein, 6g fat per serving