Greasy Spoon Upgrade
The Portabello & "Sausage" Skillet was modeled after the traditional breakfast skillet meal featured at your local breakfast diner. This one-skillet wonder from Hungry Girl, has all the familiar ingredients like meat, mushrooms, hash browns, and cheese, just without the half ton of grease the diner would use. It's a quick and filling meal that's perfect any time of the day or even multiple times a day!
Makes 1 serving
1 frozen meatless sausage patty (check for gluten)
1/2 cup sliced onion
1 large portabella mushroom, roughly chopped
2/3 cup frozen shredded hash browns (check for gluten)
2/3 cup liquid egg substitute
1 garlic clove, minced
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
salt & pepper
1. Prepare sausage patty in the microwave according to package directions. Let cool, then chop into pieces and set aside.
2. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add onion, and saute until slightly softened about 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium low. Add mushroom and hash browns to the skillet. Cook until mushrooms have softened and hash browns are hot, 5-6 minutes.
4. Raise heat to medium. Stir cooked sausage pieces into veggie mixture. Add garlic and cheese wedge (break into pieces as you add it).
5. Pour in egg substitute. Scramble mixture until egg is cooked, 3-4 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information--approximately 310 calories