Mini Mediterranean Pizza is an incredible gluten free personal pizza that’s a fresh update on the classic pizza. To start, an easy Gluten Free Personal Thin Crust is smeared with a creamy, cheesy sauce packed with artichoke hearts and capers. Then, the pizza is layered with sliced radishes, zucchini strips, and roasted red pepper pieces. A final garnish of olive oil, lemon zest, and fresh parsley creates the ultimate Mediterranean pizza. The tasty, crisp around the edges crust, is the perfect base for the bright and flavorful vegetable toppings and cheese sauce. Try this simple, summer pizza as soon as possible!
Mini Mediterranean Pizza
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 Gluten Free Personal Thin Crust
2 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese Wedges, room temperature
1 ounce canned, quartered artichoke hearts, drained (3-4 quarters), finely chopped
1 teaspoon capers, drained
1 teaspoon vegetable broth, check for gluten
1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika (or whatever paprika you have on hand)
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
dash of ground cayenne, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 small zucchini
2 radishes, ends removed and sliced into thin rounds
2 tablespoons jarred roasted red bell peppers, chopped
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare crust according to recipe, steps 1-6 ( preparing aluminum foil, mixing ingredients, and cooking crust in skillet.)
2. While the crust is cooking in the skillet, prep the zucchini--remove ends from zucchini, then carefully use a vegetable peeler to slice about 1/4 of the zucchini into thin strips. Save remaining zucchini for another use. Set zucchini strips aside.
2. Once the crust is finishing cooking in the skillet, place on prepared aluminum foil square until toppings and sauce are ready. To make the sauce, simply stir together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
3. Once sauce is prepared, you can start to assemble the pizza (be sure all of the remaining toppings are chopped). Use a spoon to spread the sauce in a even layer on pizza crust, leaving a small border around the edges.
4. Arrange radish slices on top of sauce.
5. Pile zucchini strips onto pizza.
6. Sprinkle roasted red pepper over zucchini.
6. Drizzle pizza with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Carefully move pizza to oven, placing foil square directly on oven rack. Bake pizza 11-13 minutes, or until crust edges are beginning to crisp and zucchini is beginning to crisp.
8. Transfer pizza to serving plate. Sprinkle with lemon zest, juice, and fresh parsley. Cut into slices & enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 240 calories per pizza (entire recipe)