Ratatouille Egg Bake, my take on an Eating Well recipe is a simple but scrumptious meal based on the classic French eggplant dish. Ratatouille Egg Bake involves roasting fresh eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and Brussels sprouts, then finishing it all off with a baked egg and a sprinkle of cheese. The gooey and delicious egg topping pairs perfectly with the crispy vegetables to create one magnificent meal that’s perfect for utilizing the fresh vegetables of the season. Furthermore, the entire meal can be made in the oven on one baking sheet!
If you’re searching for another variation on Ratatouille, check out Ratatouille Foil Pack .
Ratatouille Egg Bake
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/2 of a small eggplant, ends removed, peeled, and chopped
1/2 of a zucchini, chopped
1/4 of a red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes
3-4 Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Dash of chili flakes
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Add eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, and Brussels sprouts to baking sheet. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, then sprinkle with basil and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper, then stir vegetables to evenly coat them in oil and spices.
3. Roast vegetables 20 minutes, then remove from oven and carefully stir with a spoon. Return to oven and continue to roast vegetables, 20-25 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown. Leave oven on at 400 degrees.
4. Use a spoon to move vegetables into center of baking sheet, then make a bowl shaped indentation in the center of the vegetables.
5. Carefully crack egg into indentation in center of vegetables.
6. Season egg with fresh parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle grated parmesan evenly on top.
7. Gently transfer baking sheet to oven and bake 8-12 minutes, or until egg is set to desired consistency.
8. Use a wide spatula to slide ratatouille and egg onto serving plate. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 242 calories per serving