When I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Socca on The Vegan Chickpea, I knew had to try it immediately. After all, my first attempt at making chickpea flatbread ( Zucchini Socca ) turned out amazing. Plus, every recipe tastes better with a little pumpkin puree, thus, I assumed Pumpkin Socca would be fantastic. Luckily, I assumed correctly! Not only, is Savory Pumpkin Socca a delicious flatbread option but the recipe is super easy to make. Simply whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth, pour into a pie plate, and bake- that’s it! You can enjoy the socca on it’s own or top with anything you can imagine from vegetables to hummus . I topped mine with Pesto Chickpea Cauliflower Salad and it was a match made in heaven!
Savory Pumpkin Socca
Makes 8 Servings
Adapted from Pumpkin Socca with Red Onion & Garlic
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 cup gluten free garbanzo bean flour (like the kind by Bob’s Red Mill)
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust according to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9” inch Pyrex pie plate with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together garbanzo bean flour, water, pumpkin, salt, garlic powder,thyme, and cayenne until it forms a smooth batter with no lumps.
3. Pour batter into prepared pie plate and bake for 24-26 minutes or until socca starts to crack on top and sides of socca begin to pull away from plate.
4. Let socca cool in the pie plate for 10 minutes and use a knife to gently separate edges of socca from sides. Invert socca onto cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.
5. Cut socca into 8 slices, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 65 calories per slice (1/8 of the recipe)