Pesto Chickpea Cauliflower Salad, inspired by a recipe from Keepin It Kind, is a quick and simple salad of roasted vegetables and chickpeas tossed in a vibrant pesto sauce that’s perfect for warm Spring days. This flavor-packed salad is delicious on it’s own or it makes the perfect topping for Zucchini Socca , toasted bread, and anything else you can imagine.
Pesto Chickpea Cauliflower Salad
Adapted from Pesto Potato Mushroom Chickpea Salad
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/4 of a medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
6-7 cremini mushrooms, quartered
2 tablespoons canned chickpeas, drained
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup baby spinach
1 wedge Light Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese, broken into smaller pieces
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons vegetable broth, check for gluten
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil spray.
2. Place cauliflower and mushrooms on prepared baking sheet. Spray vegetables with a layer of olive oil spray, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast vegetables until cauliflower is beginning to turn golden around the edges and mushrooms are tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, begin the pesto sauce-- add all of the pesto ingredients to a food processor. Pulse mixture until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
5. Remove vegetables from oven and scoop into a small mixing bowl. Stir in chickpeas.
6. Pour pesto sauce over roasted vegetables/chickpeas and stir to coat vegetables in sauce. Taste for seasoning. Enjoy salad at room temperature or refrigerate for a chilled salad.
Nutrition Information--approximately 175 calories per serving (entire recipe)