Simply Sauteed Kale is certainly not a groundbreaking recipe but it's so delicious that I had to post the recipe. Not to mention, sauteed kale is a great starting point for a ton of recipes. This version of kale, based on a recipe from Bobby Flay, is finished with a splash of red wine vinegar which provides the perfect finish to the greens. Buying a bag of chopped kale cuts out a ton of prep work and makes this a super quick side dish.
Simply Sauteed Kale
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 (16 oz) bag of chopped kale
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Raise heat to medium- high, then add the stock and kale the pan. Stir to combine.
4. Cover saucepan and let cook for 5 minutes.
5. Remove cover and saute kale until the majority of the liquid has evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in red wine vinegar.
Nutrition Information--approximately 80 calories per serving (3/4- 1 cup cooked kale)