Click Here for Printable Recipe
1 portabello mushroom, stem removed and gills scraped clean
3/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 package Miracle Noodles Angel Hair Pasta (Can be found in major grocery stores, health food stores or at Amazon.com)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup vegetable broth, check for gluten
A few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons capers + 1 teaspoon of brine
1.5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups arugula, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Place portabello on baking sheet and drizzle with 1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast portabello until tender, 18- 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
4. Meanwhile, drain noodles, and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Use kitchen shears to cut up noodles into smaller pieces, then transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Season noodles with salt and pepper. Microwave for 1 minute, then set aside.
5. Add remaining 1/4 tsp of olive oil to a medium skillet and heat to medium low. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Stir in broth, thyme, chickpeas, Dijon, and capers. Turn up the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add in brine from capers, arugula and Miracle Noodles to skillet and cook until arugula is just beginning to wilt, and noodles are coated in sauce, 3-4 minutes.
8. Add in the lemon juice and remove skillet from heat.
9. Transfer noodles and sauce to serving dish. Thinly slice the roasted portobella and place on top of noodles.
10.Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 245 calories per serving