Kale Fried Rice
Click Here for Printable Recipe
1/2 cup brown basmati rice
1 tsp. canola oil
2 garlic cloves
1.5- 2 cups Simply Sauteed Kale*
1 tbsp + 1 tsp. mirin (can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp. gluten free soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. sugar free maple syrup
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, whisk together all sauce ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
3. Once rice is finished cooking, add oil to a large saute pan and heat to medium low. Add garlic and saute constantly for 30 seconds.
4. Raise heat to medium-high and stir in kale. Saute for 2 minutes, or until kale is heated through.
5. Stir in rice and use a spatula to press into a flat layer on the bottom of the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until beginning to crisp and turn golden.
7. Pour in prepared sauce and stir to combine.
8. Divide rice between two serving plates and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Make Ahead Option--Rice can be cooked up to 3 days in advance, and refrigerated in a tupperware container until ready to use.
Nutrition Information--approximately 290 calories per serving (1/2 of the recipe)
*Simply Sauteed Kale Recipe-- http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2013/02/simply-sauteed-kale.html