Gingerbread Pancakes, adapted from DailyGarnish.com, are fluffy and flavorful pancakes that make the perfect holiday breakfast. These quick pancakes are a step up from the average pancake thanks to the addition of "gingerbread" spices. If you really want to make this a festive breakfast, use holiday cookie cutters to cut out the cooked pancakes!
Makes 12 Pancakes (Serving Size= 3-4 pancakes)
1 cup gluten free flour blend
2 tablespoons granulated Truvia sweetener
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup liquid egg subsitute
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1.25 cups unsweetened original almond milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1.In a large mixing bowl stir, together flour, Truvia, baking powder, baking soda, spices (allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg) and salt. Stir until ingredients are combined.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients- pumpkin, egg, apple cider vinegar, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk mixture until all ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Add the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture, and stir together until combined.
4. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
5. Once the skillet is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to ladle batter into skillet and form 4-5 pancakes (as many as you can fit in the skillet at a time). Let pancakes cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface, (2-4 minutes), then carefully flip them. Continue cooking pancakes, about 2 minutes more, or until they are golden brown on both sides.
6. Transfer cooked pancakes to serving dish. Remove skillet from heat briefly to respray with nonstick spray then return to stove top. Repeat Step 5 to create 2 more batches of pancakes or until batter is gone.
7. Serve pancakes with any desired toppings!
*Note- Pancakes can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to eat. Simply place cooked pancakes in between layers of wax paper in a tupperware container. Reheat prior to serving using a microwave, oven, or toaster, until warmed through.
Nutrition Information--approximately 53 calories per pancake