I was in the mood for something sweet this morning so I combined two Hungry Girl recipes to create a Peanut Butter Cheesecake Breakfast Sandwich. A creamy peanut butter and cheese filling plus two pieces of french toast = scrumptious. This creation is of course completely gluten free not to mention guilt free!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Breakfast Sandwich
Gluten free* Vegetarian
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
1 teaspoon cinnamon plus more for garnish
1.5 teaspoons Truvia (sugar substitute), divided
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp fat free ricotta cheese
1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
2 slices gluten free sandwich bread ( I prefer Ener-G lite tapioca bread)
Syrup and fat free Reddi-Whip for garnish
1. Whisk together 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Truvia and the egg substitute in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter, ricotta, cream cheese, 1 tsp Truvia, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a separate small bowl.
3. Spread peanut butter/cheese mixture on one slice of bread and top with the other slice.
4. Spray a small skillet with non stick spray and place over medium heat. Dip sandwich in egg
mixture and coat on all sides.
5. Place sandwich in skillet and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side (or until golden brown).
6. Top with your reddi whip, syrup, and cinnamon (as a cinnamon addict, I went heavy on the cinnamon!)