Roasted Vegetable Rice Curry is a delightful mash-up of curry flavors and spices baked together to create a fuss-free yet fantastic tasting vegetarian dish. Packed with everything from rice to lentils to squash, this amazing dish is a a breeze to make- simply combine all of the ingredients, place in a casserole dish, and roast. No other work is required besides enjoying a delicious and flavor packed meal! The rice tastes great on it’s own as a side dish or to make it a meal, try using the rice as a scrumptious filling for wraps and tacos.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Curry
Click Here for Printable Recipe
2 tablespoons brown jasmine rice
1 tablespoon black forbidden rice
1/4 cup black beans, drained
1/4 cup lentils
1/2 teaspoon canned chipotle in adobo, finely chopped (add more or less depending on desired heat level and be sure to check for gluten)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons frozen peas, (no need to defrost)
4 ounces butternut squash, peeled, seeded & diced (about 3/4 cup once diced)
2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt & Pepper
3/4 cup + 3/4 cup vegetable broth
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a medium sized casserole dish (about 2 quart capacity with a lid) with nonstick spray.
2. Add all ingredients to the casserole dish except for the vegetable broth and fresh parsley (jasmine rice through salt and pepper).
2. Stir until ingredients are evenly incorporated then pour in 3/4 cup of the vegetable broth and stir to combine all ingredients.
3. Place lid on casserole dish and transfer to oven. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove dish from oven. Carefully remove lid and stir in remaining 3/4 cup of broth.
4. Return dish to oven and continue to bake 25-30 minutes more, or until liquid is absorbed, rice is cooked, and vegetables are tender.
5. Garnish each serving with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 215 calories per serving (1/2 of the recipe)