Focaccia in a Flash
Fast Focaccia Bread really lives up to it's name as it requires virtually no preparation and only takes 20 minutes of baking. Before you know it, you're enjoying warm, gluten- free bread fresh from the oven! My recipe is a version of one by Laura Dolson. It's purposefully pretty simple so you have the opportunity to experiment with different herbs and spices. You can be creative with toppings as well. I topped mine with sauteed mushrooms but it would great as sandwich bread, with a little butter, or anything else you can think of to try.
Fast Focaccia Bread
Makes a 9x6 Pan
1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix*
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt.
1.25 tsp. Truvia sweetener
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp liquid egg substitute
3 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. canola oil
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small rimmed baking sheet (about 9x6) with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the dry ingredients (flour mix, baking powder, salt, and Truvia). Mix well with a wire whisk.
3. Add wet ingredients ( egg, water, oil, and applesauce) to dry ingredients. Combine well.
4. Let batter set for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spread evenly throughout pan.
6. Bake bread for 20 minutes, or until it springs back when you touch the top.
7. Cool bread and then cut into pieces (a pizza cutter works well).
Nutrition Information-- 36 calories per 1/16 (small square) of bread
* Use your favorite gluten free flour mix or try this one-- http://spicysweetpotato.blogspot.com/2012/02/flour-power.html