Spice Roasted Shiitake Vegetable Medley
Makes 1 Large Serving
Click Here for a Printable Version of Recipe
1/2 teaspoon dried Thai basil
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (omit for a less spicy dish)
4 large Brussels sprouts,
2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) cauliflower florets
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces (about 1 cup) shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoons vegetable broth
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon vegetable broth
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with a layer of nonstick spray.
2. To prepare the spice blend, add all of the spices to a small bowl,then stir until well combined.
3. To prepare the vegetables--
- Trim the root end of the Brussels sprouts and halve lengthwise, then place each half cut side down and cut into thick slices.
- Trim the roots of the radish and cut into quarters.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms, then cut each mushroom in half (or into quarters , if large).
- Leave grape tomatoes and cauliflower florets whole.
5. While the vegetables are roasting, add all of the glaze ingredients (soy sauce, balsamic,broth, and dijon) to a small dish and stir until combined.
6. After 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven and pour glaze over vegetables.Stir to combine vegetables and glaze, being sure to gently scrap the foil with the spatula to deglaze any spices stuck to foil.
7. Add mushrooms to vegetables and stir to combine.
8. Return baking sheet to oven and continue to roast vegetables 9-12 minutes more, or until tomatoes are beginning to burst and cauliflower/Brussels sprouts are fork tender, and slightly crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and pour remaining 1 tablespoon of broth over vegetables, then use spatula to deglaze one final time.
9. Transfer vegetables to serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 170 calories per serving