Bite Sized Breakfast Sandwich
Click Here for Printable Version of Recipe
3 tablespoons gluten free oats ( like the kind by GF Harvest )
2 tablespoons gluten free flour mix
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet of Truvia sweetener (1 teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
dash of salt
dash of cloves
3 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like the kind by Egg Beaters)
1 tablespoon unsweetened original almond milk (like the kind by Silk)
1 serving Veggie Breakfast Sausage (not cooked)
2 teaspoons buffalo hot sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1. Divide Veggie Sausage in half, then use your hands to form into two even patties. Place sausage patties on a plate & set aside.
2. Add oats, flour, baking powder, Truvia, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and cloves to a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add egg and milk to bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated to create the pancake batter.
3. Spray a griddle (I used a Griddler ) or large nonstick pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium high.
4. Add sausage patties to one side of skillet. Cook sausage until heated through and browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Once sausage is on the griddle, scoop pancake batter onto opposite of griddle to form 4 mini pancakes (about 1.5 tablespoons of batter per pancake; I used this scoop). Cook pancakes until solid enough to flip with a spatula and golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Cook pancakes 2 minutes more or until golden on both sides.
5. Once both the pancakes and sausage are cooked, you can begin to assemble the sandwiches. Place the pancakes flat on a work surface then spread two of the pancakes with hot sauce and two of the pancakes with honey. Place a sausage patty on top of the pancakes spread with honey, then finish with the hot sauce pancakes on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 285 calories per serving