Peppermint Patty Snack Cakes are the perfect thing to make when you want a snack that tastes rich and chocolately but is still relatively guilt free. These amazing low-fat chocolate treats taste deceptively decadent but rather than adding unhealthy stuff like butter or sugar, the cakes get their tasty “peppermint patty-ness” from ingredients like cocoa powder, Truvia, pumpkin puree, and peppermint extract. I’m sure it sounds a little strange but once you mix in a few essentials like oats, baking soda, and eggs, the ingredients come together to form a delectable, chocolate-peppermint batter. Once the easy batter is stirred together, simply divide it between two mini pie tins and a mere half hour later, you’re ready to indulge your chocolate cravings with a delightful Peppermint Patty Snack Cake!
Peppermint Patty Snack Cake
Makes Two Mini Cakes
Click Here for Printable Recipe
6 tablespoons gluten free oats ( I like GF Harvest brand)
1/4 cup Truvia Sweetener
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
1/4 liquid egg substitute (like the kind by Egg Beaters)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon unsweetened original almond milk (like the kind by Silk)
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
(2) Mini Pie Tins, about 5 inches in diameter (I used these )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pie tins with nonstick spray then set aside.
2. Add oats, Truvia, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
3. Add egg, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and peppermint to mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Divide batter between prepared pie tins.
5. Bake cakes for 28-30 minutes, or cakes feel firm to the touch in the center and edges start to pull away from sides of pan.
6. Let cakes cool for 2-3 minutes, then run a thin rubber spatula or knife around the edges of each cake to separate it from pan. Invert cakes onto serving plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Information--approximately 115 calories per snack cake (1/2 of the recipe)